New video from kAriZmA and FenaxiZ. Directed by The Canonboyz.
After baring witness to several mass shootings in 2012 (such as the Eaton Centre mall and Danzig barbecue shootouts in Toronto or the Colorado and Sandy Hook massacres), rapper kAriZmA felt compelled to spread a message of peace and love to the global community through his song “Stop The Violence.”
Produced by Night Walker, “Stop The Violence” features a guest appearance from FenaxiZ (www.fenaxiz.com) and is the second single off kAriZmA’s upcoming mixtape “Just Livin’ Life…”
“The Real Toronto” is the sixth single from FenaxiZ’s Vintage LP. It was produced by AmiR and the video was directed by The Canonboyz.
Calling upon a lifetime of experience, Toronto rapper FenaxiZ vividly depicts his hometown with a candid honesty. While some glorify the violence that plagues the city and others hail Toronto as a tourist-friendly destination, FenaxiZ instead offers a metropolis of “students, hustlers, everyday citizens, hard-working immigrants tryna earn dividends” as he guides his audience through areas such as Kensington Market, the Financial district, St. Jamestown, and Rosedale. He finally concludes after seeing “the good, the bad, the beauty, the ugly,” that “it is what it is and this the real Toronto.”
“The Truest” is the latest single from Team US! and will appear on Taylor Made’s Secret Weapon album. Team US! members Arch Duke, FenaxiZ and Taylor Made contribute the verses after an intro from Alex Dimez, while Dime Izzy of MPz provides the beat. Directed by The Canonboyz.
After several months of dropping videos in preparation for the release of his new album, FenaxiZ has just released Vintage, which is available for free download.
Toronto MC FenaxiZ returns from a 6-year hiatus with the “Vintage” album, a 15-track collection of original cuts, including “Golden Age,” “Empty Bottle,” “Go For Broke (feat. Alex Dimez & Wylie),” “Queen (feat. August Rigo),” and “White Man’s Burden (feat. JLATTE).” Production is provided by AmiR, Anonymous Twist, Incise, Jobe Wan Kenobi, The Quarter Inch Kings, and royceBIRTH. Free download is available at www.fenaxiz.com!
01. Vintage (produced by Incise)
02. Status Update feat. royceBIRTH (produced by royceBIRTH)
03. The Real Toronto (produced by AmiR)
04. Golden Age (produced by Incise)
05. The Way (produced by The Quarter Inch Kings)
06. Can’t Stop Me (produced by Anonymous Twist)
07. Queen feat. August Rigo (produced by AmiR)
08. Full Circle (produced by Incise)
09. Go For Broke feat. Alex Dimez & Wylie (produced by royceBIRTH)
10. White Man’s Burden feat. JLatte (produced by The Quarter Inch Kings)
11. Goodbye To The Game (produced by The Quarter Inch Kings)
12. Empty Bottle (produced by Incise)
13. Dear Life (produced by royceBIRTH)
14. The Launch Promo (Poor Georgie freestyle)
15. Power feat. Dagamuffin, Kris Blade, Kim Possible (produced by Jobe Wan Kenobi)
“White Man’s Burden” is the latest video from FenaxiZ’s upcoming album Vintage, set for release in July. Produced by The Quarter Inch Kings, the track features Joshua “JLatte” Lopez on guitar. The video was directed by Minerva Group.
Every June 12, Filipinos across the globe commemorate their homeland’s declaration of independence from Spanish occupation in 1898. Amidst the lumpia, tinikling dances, and street parades, FenaxiZ humbly entreats his kasamas worldwide to pause for a moment of reflection and acknowledge a past mired with bloodshed, subjugation, and resistance.
Borrowing its title from the Rudyard Kipling poem about the Filipino-American war, “White Man’s Burden” is a critical analysis of the widespread effects that imperialism has wreaked upon a 7000-island archipelago once known as “The Pearl Of The Orient.” From a Labour Export Policy that seperates parents from children to the internalized racism that fuels identity issues of the youth, FenaxiZ covers many pressing issues that today’s Filipinos face; yet, he is also aware of the incomplete picture he paints as he muses, “and this rap ain’t even scratching the surface of our collective experience.”
Papa Poison presents Streets Talk To Me 2, hosted by DJ Absolute and DJ DES.
1. Nizzle – Headlines Freestyle
2. Black Sage – Just a Bitch (ft. Saukrates)
3. Gill T – Run This Shit (exclusive)
4. Homage – Lean & I Swag Freestyle
5. Nizzle – Fuck You Pay Me
6. Heaven Razah, Junior Reid, Timbo King – Desire
7. Young Dimi – I Need You More (exclusive)
8. Golden – Playa (Player) (ft. Deadeyez)
9. Patchy Pacino – Girl Like You
10. Sinotra – Moleskin
11. Rapscall – Hard Times
12. City McGritty – Super Smash Hoes Freestyle
13. Crossbow Loc, Cigar – Ghetto Starz
14. Solo Key – Bang Out
15. Infu – Classics (ft. JoJo Pellegrino & Peps C)
16. Wylie, Alex Dimez, Fenaxiz – Go For Broke
17. Church The MC – The Glory
18. Caution, Talksick, T.R.A. – Never Much To Say
19. Conscious Thott, Acetik – Song Cry
20. James Rich – Keep It G
21. Raz Fresco – Donald Trump
22. Papa Poison, Homage – What Up Doe
23. C4 – Ambition Freestyle
24. K-Fresh – Game Face
25. Heaven Razah – Half Reppin Freestyle
26. Sticky Green – Hip Hop Saved My Life (ft. Younge C)
Team US! is a collective of Toronto-based hip hop artists and is comprised of Alex Dimez, Arch Duke, FenaxiZ, King Jus, Nyce Touch, Prophet-Z, Taylor Made and Wylie. They have recently released their single “Go For Broke” (the video for which we posted earlier today) b/w “The Truest.”
“Go For Broke” was produced by royceBIRTH and features FenaxiZ, Alex Dimez and Wylie. It will appear on FenaxiZ’s upcoming album, Vintage.
“The Truest” was produced by Dime Izzy and is performed by Alex Dimez, Arch Duke, FenaxiZ and Taylor Made. The track will appear on Taylor Made’s Secret Weapon.
FenaxiZ, Alex Dimez and Wylie – Go For Broke (prod. royceBIRTH)
Alex Dimez, Arch Duke, FenaxiZ and Taylor Made – The Truest (prod. Dime Izzy)
“Go For Broke” is the first single from Team US!, a collective of Toronto-based hip hop artists. The track was produced by royceBIRTH and features US! members Fenaxiz, Alex Dimez and Wylie. The song will be included on FenaxiZ’s upcoming album, Vintage, which is set for release in July. The video was directed by The Canonboyz.
FenaxiZ has released the second single from his upcoming album, Vintage, titled “Empty Bottle.” The track was produced by DJ Incise, while the video was directed by Francisco “Birdo” Fuentes.
With the release of “Empty Bottle,” FenaxiZ turns inward to reveal a candid glimpse of his mindstate under the influence of alcohol. From disloyal friends to the music industry, the Toronto rapper vents his frustrations as he finds himself chained in a dungeon and handcuffed to the very same bottle of whisky that lets loose his inhibitions.
In the official music video for “Golden Age,” Toronto rapper FenaxiZ takes his audience on a journey back in time as he reminisces on his experiences growing up in the city’s East end. From snapback hats and Starter Jackets to 1993 Blue Jay pennants, “Golden Age” presents a number of throwback memorabilia that any Hip-Hop head who grew up in the 80s and 90s will appreciate. Produced by DJ Incise, this single is the first release off the upcoming FenaxiZ album Vintage, which is due to be released in July 2012.